Monday, December 29, 2008

I've also...

decided to put recipes that I've tired in here. I know I don't cook much (probably because my hubby, Jamie, is a chef) but I've been trying some. And now that we've got our house and a wonderful kitchen with a gas stove, it just makes me want to try more! :) So, I'll be posting recipes, books I've read, verses out of the Bible I've come across that have meant something to me, and/or quotes that I've come across and like. I may even put movies on here too...Example:

Like right now my husband and mother-in-law (LOVE YOU CINDY!) are watching a stupid movie. It's called Burn After Reading. But last night the three of us watched Eagle Eye and it was awesome!!

Now on to a recipe...I made these cookies for Christmas and people loved them. I actually made three different types of cookies and took them to different places and these were the only ones that I would be willing to make again. I don't like to make stuff that people don't tell me is good. DUH! right? haha. Anyhow here is that recipe...Try it and let me know what you think of it...

Chocolate Chewy Cookies

Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies

Ingredients -

2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar (plus more for rolling and sprinkling)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions -

1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer (use the paddle attachment), beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat to combine. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture; beat to combine. Form dough into a flattened disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into balls. Roll each ball in sugar. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, place them about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until set which should take 10 to 12 minutes. After taking them out of the oven sprinkle sugar on top of the cookies.

Hope you enjoy!

0 comments: